Wednesday, January 9

Hammonds Plains Elementary School Wed. Jan. 9 8.00-9.00am

Dear Parents and Students,
Please accept my apology for being 1o minutes late for this class. I hit a deep pothole on Hammonds Plains rd. and dented the rim of my tire. The car was shaking, so I had to pull over and ask for help putting on the spare. The fog was quite bad, and I realized after this unfortunate experience that I should have a cell phone, driving in such conditions. There were a couple of occasions last term where the weather got in the way of my travels too... I'm very sorry about this and I'll look into getting a cell phone as soon as I can.

Today, we reviewed some key concepts from last term:
  • good hand posture: curved fingers - wrists up.
  • beat and rhythm: quarter notes/rests, half notes/rests, whole notes/rests and eighth notes and rests.
  • note naming in the grand staff.
  • C major scales: 1-2-3-1-2-3-4-5 (right hand) 5-4-3-2-1-3-2-1 (left hand)
  • Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
We learned a new song "Pop goes the Weasel" and Gracen and Ford tried out "On Top of Old Smokey". With only four of you in the class today, we were able to do a lot of good work. Thanks for your focus and enthusiasm.

For those of you who have the Piano Suite Software: Practice naming notes on the grandstaff, doing the 'Rest Values' exercise in the Theory Thinker and practicing Twinkle, Pop goes the Weasel and On Top of Old Smokey.

Before the bell, we spent some time in Children's Music Journey, improvising with the C major scale and playing some rhythm games (Princess and Bongo Boy).

Have a good week everyone. I'll do everything I can to see you next week at 8am sharp.
Drive safely.

No comments:

 

MusIQ Club is an enriched aftershool, group piano learning program
Copyright © 2008 Adventus Incorporated. All Rights Reserved.