Monday, December 10

Fleming Tower Elementary School Mon. Dec. 10 2.15-3.15pm


In your 8th lesson you met Scott Joplin. He showed us how to play with five-finger ant tunnels. All five of your fingers should be curved, with your wrists up on the piano keys. If you let your hand collapse then all the ants will get squished!
Remember that each of your fingers has a number: Thumbs are 1, and little fingers are 5.

We reviewed notes getting higher and higher today, and also rhythm clap-backs.
I used my violin to play sets of three notes for everyone to sing and I used the metronome to practice clap-backs with you.
Everyone is doing really great with these exercises.

Today, was our last class of the term.
I had so much fun working with you and I think we learned a lot. It was rewarding to see how all of you were playing the games and understanding everything that we covered this term.

I hope to see as many of you back in January as possible!
Registration for classes can be found online at www.musiqclub.com

Have a safe and happy holiday :)

No comments:

 

MusIQ Club is an enriched aftershool, group piano learning program
Copyright © 2008 Adventus Incorporated. All Rights Reserved.